Friday, September 9, 2011

So, this is an idea I have been playing with in my head for a long time. You know, one of those awesome ideas that you are so excited about but just never do?
I first saw this in one of my favorite books, The Guerilla Art Kit by Keri Smith (Which I will be talking about more later). I saw it today again on pinterest and decided I needed to post about it. Maybe some of you will beat me to it!
TADA! Yes this is real. Here is how you make this amazing MOSS PAINT!
  • A couple handfulls of moss
  • 12 oz of buttermilk (or a can of cheap beer)
  • 1 tsp of sugar
Mix in a blender until it's all liquidy. Then go ahead and paint it on a wall! Moss likes shady, wet areas so make sure you spray it with water every day!
Sounds easy right? And awesome? I'm just wondering where I can find some moss... If you try it let us know how it goes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We need to try it! Where should we do it?

Jackie Andersen said...

I love this, it is so beautiful! Just think what inspiring message you could send to anyone who sees it, and put a smile on their face. I will definitely have to see about putting this on our building at work. Nikki, I bet your family could help me with this if I get the ok. Thanks Jessi

Unknown said...

Jackie we would love to. You would have to make sure it is in the shade and someone could mist it morning and night.