Monday, September 5, 2011

And then it was Monday. A tip to make a strangers day Brighter!

Yes it's Monday. No stress though because it is also a holiday! Whoo hoo! I hope you all have an amazing Labor Day!
Have you ever had one of those days? You wake up late, burn your forehead with the strait iron, and don't get breakfast so your stomach growls all morning? I was having one of those days. Except it was also raining. After trudging up the hill to campus I stopped by the bathroom to try to fix up my flat, wet hair and clean up the mascara running down my face. That's when I saw it.
It was pink.
It was slightly worn.
It made my day.
It looked kinda like this. (Except pink.)
I am so sad I didn't think to take a picture that day. But since then I have been thinking, It really couldn't have taken the girl who put it up more than a couple seconds to scribble on that post it note and stick it on the mirror! And it made me smile all day! Who knows how many people that girl touched with something so simple?
Since then I have thought up a few similar ways to brighten someones' day. Disclaimer- I'm sure other people have done similar things, I don't claim to be the mastermind of these ideas.
  • Print off inspirational/motivating quotes on a piece of paper, cut them out so they look like fortune cookies, and leave them places like in a window, taped to a light post, and other random places people will probably see them.
  • Leave a nice note in the pockets of some jeans you tried on in a store.
Anyways, you get the idea. Try it sometime! You never know what impact something so small can have.
Spread the Love! Happy Labor Day!

No comments: